Backend Software Engineer
We’re looking for a highly experienced backend-end engineer to join our team at Urbandoor. You’ll work on a variety of mission-critical systems, all essential to our service: our transaction engine, data feeds, integrations with multiple consumer and enterprise services, and much more!
You will be part of a small, high-caliber team of motivated engineers who enjoy learning and teaching the latest technologies. You will be involved in the operability of our 24/7 service.
The ideal candidate for this role will have solid experience developing mission-critical, scalable backend services.
We use a lightweight agile methodology, continuous delivery, automated deployment and rigorous testing in our development methodology. Familiarity with these concepts is a requirement. We love metrics and we continuously iterate and measure to understand what works and what doesn’t.
- Collaborate with product managers and with front-end teams to deliver holistic, end-to-end features
- Design and implement reliable, high-performance back-end services
- Design and implement unit and integration tests code for robustness and performance
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- 7+ year experience with at least one high-level functional or object-oriented language such as Ruby, Python or Java
- 5+ year experience with SQL or an Object Relational Mapping Framework
- Experience working with REST APIs and JSON
- A solid understand of APIs, abstraction and software architecture
Based in San Francisco, we are building a company that values matching teamwork, family and success with an unrelenting desire to deliver amazing experiences to our customers, partners and team members. Urbandoor is founded by seasoned entrepreneurs and domain experts with our strategic partner Greystar. With a software approach to building our business, we can provide the world’s leading companies a way to offer their employees a world class short term stay experience within the city of their choice.
We offer full benefits, vacation, and a chance to build something meaningful with a team of passionate people.